Quick status report
- in "The Process is the Product", Berlin, Character design, Pictoplasma, SLU/CIIS 2010, Street Art
1. Oli and Nada head home to Berlin tonight. (Boo.) I heard from them today that they weren’t sure which was better during their trip to NYC — standing in front of paintings by Jean-Michel Basquiat or happening upon a photo shoot in Central Park with Chris Rock. That’s a tough one, but after seeing CR on TV this past week, I vote for CR.
Oli and Nada leaving SLU. Don’t you love this pic?
2. I’m listening to stories about the mid-term election results on NPR tonight and had a brief warm fuzzy about U.S. politics. Democracy in action. But then I remembered we’re screwed. If Palladino wins NY, we are TOTALLY screwed.
3. Paul Rand is in. Christine O’Donnell is out.
4. Everyone is asking for help financially. The Namgyal Monastery in Ithaca, NY, is out of funds as of October 20. I got a phone call tonight from The Nation asking if I’d contribute $$ to be part of an associate’s club or something. I said yes to both, lucky to have a little extra right now.
5. There is much to share about the Berlin street art exhibition at SLU, which will all come soon with time. I’m debating now whether to go back to Berlin next year for the 2011 Pictoplasma conference or for May Day.
(Wow. That is one incredibly s-u-r-r-e-a-l combo.)